Great people, great benefits, great culture, fantastic results
This is the formula that makes Power Motive Corporation a great place to work. To truly instill a culture of serving as “The Product Support People”, PMC invests in its employees who in turn invest in each other. We believe this approach sets us apart from others in our industry and powers our continuing success.
We also take safety seriously. The health, safety and wellness of employees is our top priority. We are committed to compliance with all HSE legal requirements. We also encourage our employees to take a proactive role in reporting any conditions they feel are unhealthy, unsafe or environmentally irresponsible.
Power Motive Corporation is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Product Support People Positions Currently Available:
Colorado Springs (Colorado Springs, CO), Milliken (Milliken, CO), Grand Junction (Grand Junction, CO), Denver - Headquarters (Denver, CO)
The Service Technicians at PMC are responsible for troubleshooting, repairing, and performing scheduled maintenance on equipment based on customer needs and requirements. This position is best for individuals that are dedicated to customer satisfaction, professional, timely, and protect the brand name and company image.
Locate the issue swiftly upon interacting with the customer and communicating well with everyone involved to insure the problem is understood completely
Uses their expertise to analyze and diagnose the equipment and understand what modifications and repairs need to be made
Recommend the correct service and repairs to the customer and show where the failure is
Accurately and neatly document all work on the work order including hour meter readings, serial numbers, model numbers and all information asked for and make sure the customer or representative signs
Keep a record of all comments, compliments, complaints, and suggestions and turn them into management so appropriate action is taken
Maintain the company service vehicle in a clean and orderly, hazard-free, manner and making sure service vehicle is in safe operating condition
Observes all safety procedures both from company and customer’s safety procedures and make certain all hazardous waste is appropriately taken care of
Effectively communicates with customers, co-workers, and PMC
Strong mechanical and electrical knowledge
Ability to understand the necessary service and training manuals
Knowledgeable about the industry and current to make sound recommendations to customers
Can safely operate power tools such as: lifts, hoists, hydraulic jacks, and overhead cranes Ability to perform strenuous and heavy work, can exert force up to 100 pounds on occasion and frequently handle loads to 50 pounds
Must have the physical stamina to perform continuously with full body motion for climbing, reaching, pushing, lifting and reaching, etc.
Used Equipment Manager - Denver, CO
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The Used Equipment Manager is responsible for managing the used equipment inventory. The Used Equipment Sales Manager will manage to key business targets through effective oversight of the equipment inventory by utilizing traditional sales marketing, knowledge of equipment condition and establishing proper values. This individual will also develop ongoing, profitable relationships with customers and maintain the professional image of the company. Integrity, passion, and in-person presentational skills are essential for this role.
Key Job Activities:
• Maintain a thorough knowledge of the used equipment market
- Have a wide knowledge of products and services offered, along with competitor products
- Participate in marketing events such as seminars, trade shows, and conventions
- General awareness of changes and trends in the marketplace
• Manage and develop all used equipment inventory
- Ensures that all trade in equipment is properly valued and inspected and repaired in a timely manner
- Establish retail prices & trade-in values
- Manage and advertise online used equipment inventory
- Ensure that inventory levels are adequate to meet the market demand
• Manage employees directly and in-directly assigned to the department
- Train, motivate and engage team members in an enthusiastic manner of the sales process
- Work with the sales team to manage and dispose of used equipment through demo, direct sale, advertised offerings, brokers and other profitable methods
- Prepare quotations and sales proposals
- Ability to follow through from quoting stage to delivery of the product
- Effective delegation of certain task responsibilities
• Develop business plan and sales strategies aligned with department and company’s goals and expectations
- Prepare a variety of status reports, including activity, closing, follow up and adherence to goals
- Responsible for sales and performance analysis reports to anticipate future sales
- Collaboration with dealer’s OEM partners
• Processing of deals for submittal to accounting dept for invoicing
- Coordinate with all departments needed to accomplish the work required to close sales
• Establish and maintain current client and potential client relationships
- Follow up on new leads and referrals resulting from field activity
- Assign new leads and referrals
- Have knowledge of financing, leasing and rental plans available and be able to present those to prospective clients.
- Identify and resolve client concerns o Assist with walk-in customers o Emphasis on building rapport, trust and relationships
Pace and Variety of Activities
• Sense of urgency for goal achievement
• Simultaneous projects
• Multi-tasking - fast-paced environment
• Results focus idea generation
• Innovative and creative problem solving
• Rapport and relationship building focused on achieving results
• Engage commitment of others
• Problem solving orientation
• Risk taking
• Action-oriented and somewhat collaborative decision-making
• Quick decision making in response to changing conditions
Communication and Collaboration
• Extroverted, confident, enthusiastic, persuasive
• Influences, stimulates others to action
• Collaboration focused on results
Delegation and Leadership Style
• Authoritative leadership based on generalist expertise, knowledge of systems
• Directive leadership to assure business results are achieved
• Delegation of details as necessary, with follow up on timeliness and quality
• Accountability for results
• Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree from a four-year University in Business Administration, Sales/Marketing discipline desirable • Minimum Experience: 5 years of industry experience with preference given towards management
• Occasional travel requirements
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Power Point, Excel & Word)
Yard Coordinator - Colorado Springs
Colorado Springs, CO
The Yard coordinator position is a versatile position that operates in a fast paced environment with constant changes. This position requires various duties that range from administrative duties to light mechanical duties.
Rental checking equipment- Each machine must be rental checked to department standards which are outlined in checklist. The covers basic maintenance: All fluid levels, grease, fuel, GET, customer damages, etc.
Cleaning Equipment- after each equipment return the machine must be steam cleaned and detailed.
Equipping machines for rental- Each rental may require reconfiguring machines with different buckets or attachments. Person must be able to switch buckets and add most attachments.
Document Traffic/Pictures- Each machine coming and going must be documented with the proper paperwork and pictures must be taken and uploaded to G: drive in a timely manner. (Same day as traffic)
Light Mechanical Duties- Any light mechanical duties must be performed by Yard Coordinator if it can be done in a timely manner. All minor damages & maintenance should be done by this position. Skill level will determine work level.
Processing Traffic- Yard coordinator will process all traffic receipts in PFW.
Upkeep of yard- Yard must maintain an organized appearance for PMC’s representation to the customer.
All trash needs to be collected on a weekly basis
All Weeds need to be maintained on a weekly basis
Attachment area needs to be organized and maintained constantly
Inventory control- Quarterly the coordinator will be responsible for helping the Rental Manager do inventory audits of their location.
Communicate with Service Dept- Position will work hand in hand with service department for heavier mechanical duties, customer damages, PDI, and anything out of the skill level of the coordinator. Service department may also be asked for assistance in rental checks if the coordinator falls behind.
Coordinate Trucking- Position may be responsible for coordinating the trucking of all PMC rentals at their location
Territory Sales Manager
Adams, Morgan, Washington and Yuma Counties of Colorado
Power Motive Corporation, a full service dealer representing construction and mining equipment, is currently seeking a Territory Sales Manager for its established territory of Adams, Morgan, Washington and Yuma Counties. The position is responsible for retail sales and rentals of product used in the heavy construction, mining, aggregate, utility, drilling, paving, road building and forestry industries.
Position Responsibilities and Characteristics:
Meet established sales quotas, revenue goals and expense allowances to ensure achievement of territory business plan.
Log individual opportunities won, account activity and customer contact info within the Company’s CRM system.
Research customer needs and develop application of products and services in an effective manner to determine selling strategies and goals in a very tailored way.
Research and develop potential prospects, maintain contact info and progress within the Company’s CRM system.
Maintain up-to-date understanding of industry trends and technical developments in territory.
Develop and maintain long and short range sales and marketing plans.
Take responsibility for and make every effort to optimize communication, trust and respect within customer base.
Professionally communicate and coordinate with main office support staff on a regular basis.
Monitor competitive environment to identify opportunities and countermeasures to address competition.
Connect with people in a poised, convincing, cooperative and enthusiastic way.
Work with a fast pace, a strong sense of urgency, and drive to get things done correctly.
Understanding people well and using that understanding effectively in motivating and persuading others to act.
Self motivating, where it is important for goals to be set and reached, and for tasks to be completed in a timely manner.
This job will involve controlling all aspects of the selling process, from initiation opportunity ID, the pre-call planning process, presentation/value analysis, and eventual opportunity closure.
The ideal candidate would possess at least three years of sales experience in the heavy equipment industry, reside in northeast Denver Metro area or one of the mentioned counties, and understand the difference between selling on price and selling on value. It’s also important the candidate carries a history of exceeding sales budgets and operating within expense guidelines.
Minimum of three years sales experience preferred.
Strong industry/product knowledge related to the various types of industries PMC serves and/or products represented.
Uses consultative selling approach and with the ability to properly design, recommend, and apply products to meet customer needs
Minimum completion of a high school education with preference given towards higher education.
Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
Computer proficiency, especially with Microsoft products and CRM.
Strong communication, collaborative and interpersonal skills.
Compensation: Power Motive Corporation is known for offering its Sales Managers one of the best compensation packages available.
- Assist customers in picking up will call items.
- Inspects incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages and corresponds with shipper to rectify damages and shortages.
- Routes items to correct departments or branch locations.
- Examines outgoing shipments to make sure they are both correct and meet specifications.
- Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
- Performs DAILY cycle counts in order to ensure an accurate inventory at all times.
- Assembles hoses to meet customer/stocking needs.
- Returns Cores once the vendor requirements are met.
- Projects a positive company image by interacting with fellow employees, customers and management in a cooperative, supportive and courteous manner; displays a professional attitude while complying with company policies and procedures.
- Maintain a clean, orderly and professional work area.
- Perform other duties as directed.
- Knowledge of heavy earthmoving equipment parts.
- A minimum of two years experience with word processor, personal computer and/or terminal hardware/software. (Excel and Word proficiency is required)
- Strong verbal, written, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Proven ability to professionally interact with fellow employees, sales representatives, management and customers.
Preventive Maintenance Technician
Preventive Maintenance Technicians at PMC are responsible for providing safe and efficient preventative maintenance service, oil sampling and equipment inspection based on customer needs. Responsibilities include:
- Execute preventative maintenance services on all types of construction, mining, and paving equipment
- Properly perform oil sampling of all major machine components
- Perform detailed machine inspections
- Test and verify correct operation of all lube services and adjustments
- Maintain work area, tools, and equipment to promote a clean and safe environment
- Use miscellaneous resources and computers to reference parts and oil capacities
- Complete accurate and organized service reports
- Respectful and clearly communicate with customers while thoroughly answering any questions that may arise during the service
- Keep assigned service truck road worthy by performing routine maintenance and repairs while also remaining focused on the vehicles overall appearance
- Keep pertinent in-house personnel informed about general machine condition, discrepancies found and suggested action required to resolve noted problems
- Keep daily DOT driver log according to FMCSA requirements
- High school diploma/certificate or equivalent
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to comply with DOT CDL requirements
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a current MSHA card
- Must have experience operating heavy machinery
- Must successfully meet pre-employment drug/alcohol policies and medical/physical capability requirements
- Must have a minimum of 1-2 years of technical experience
- Must have the ability to read, write, speak, and understand English
- Must have the ability to read and understand technical documents
- Must have the ability to understand oil types and usages
- Must have the ability to be a team leader in a safety aspects of the position
- Willingness to travel to remote locations as necessary
- Ability to work overtime when required
- Ability to work hours similar to second shift
- Skills in Microsoft Word and Excel